What you will learn
- Workplace Diversity Course Lessons Access (1 Month)
- Course eBook
- Templates and exercises
- Quick Reference sheet
- Online Certification Exam
Equip yourself with strategies for removing barriers and stereotypes and to encourage diversity in the workplace and even through your community.
The Workplace Diversity eCourse will help you understand what diversity is all about by using skills such as active listening to receive messages in a diverse population. Learn how to communicate effectively as well as:
- Explain the meaning of stereotypes and biases, how they develop, and the reasons for your own perspectives.
- List strategies for removing barriers to encouraging diversity for yourself, in the workplace, and in the social community.
- Use active listening skills to receive messages in a diverse population, employ effective questioning techniques, and communicate with strength.
- Explain the definition, terms and history of diversity.
- Explain the definition, terms and history of diversity
- List strategies for removing barriers to encouraging diversity for yourself, in the workplace, and in the social community
- Identify the importance of body language, both your own, and that of others, and recognize its importance in interpersonal communications
- List the steps a manager should take to record a complaint, analyse the situation, and take appropriate resolution action
- Identify the process an organization must follow to receive and respond to a complaint, and then creating mechanisms to prevent or reduce repeat situations
How long will it take to complete this eCourse ?
- This eCourse will take 8-9 hours to complete. There are 20 multiple choice exam questions administered online that will take up to an additional 1 hour to complete.
Technical Requirements (Computer)
- A computer with Microsoft Windows operating system (98, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, or Windows 7) or Mac OS X (10.5 Leopard or higher).
- A computer with Microsoft Office 2000 or higher .
- A high speed internet connection and a web browser (Firefox is highly recommended as there are incompatibility issues with Internet Explorer).
- Adobe Reader (free software) .
You are required to complete an online multiple choice exam with a pass mark of at least 80%
Q: How does eLearning work with The Leadership Centre?
A: You will receive login details to access the course material online through The Leadership Centre eLearning portal. You can download the eBook and course templates to read in your own time.
Q: What are the advantages of eLearning?
A: You can study anywhere and in your own time without the limitation of a classroom environment. eLearning is increasing in popularity because it is such a convenient way to learn. It is a cost effective option and the eBook is self-explanatory to make sure you can apply the tools you are learning.
Q: Will I receive an international certification?
A: Yes. The Leadership Centre is accredited through IACET (International Association for Continuing Education and Training). Your Certification will be recognised globally.
TLC have delivered an innovative leadership development programme for Fairfield Dairy combining practical workshops, eLearning modules and coffee morning catch up sessions for the team. Our managers and team members have benefited greatly from TLC